The best pop up gazebos have a rust-resistant concertina frame, are fully waterproof and simple enough to build and take down quickly. See my top picks and in-depth reviews below.
Best Pop up Gazebos with Reviews for 2021
Good quality and extra strong waterproof pop-up gazebos with sides and without
Last update on 2021-04-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- Best Pop up Gazebos with Reviews for 2021
- People Also Ask…
- 1. Best Small Pop-up Gazebo Review (Garden & Patio Use)
- 2. Best 2.5×2.5m Pop-up Gazebo Review (Fully Waterproof)
- 3. Yaheetech Pop-up Gazebo Tent Review (Best Summer Gazebo)
- 4. Best 3x3m Pop up Gazebo without Sides Review (Looks Great)
- 5. Maximus Pop up Gazebo 3x3m Review with Sides (Best Heavy Duty)
- 6. Gorilla Gazebo 3x3m Review (Best for Garden or Business Use)
- 7. Hercules Gazebo 3x3m Extra Strong Frame & Fire Retardant
People Also Ask…
1. Are Pop up Gazebos Waterproof?
There’s a wide range of pop up gazebos on the market and many have varying waterproofing levels and effectiveness. Pop up gazebos range from 100% waterproof to just showerproof.
The pop-up gazebos selected below all have a high level of waterproofing and are considered to be completely waterproof as the fabric has a waterproof coating applied.
2. How Long Do Pop up Gazebos Last?
A premium pop-up gazebo can last between 2-5 years and possibly much longer. To extend the longevity of your gazebo I recommend not leaving it assembled outdoors overnight.
To help your gazebo last longer I recommend packing it away neatly inside your storage bag. Quite often, pop-up gazebo canopies are torn or the frame is snapped when packing it away.
3. Are Pop up Gazebos Any Good?
Yes, pop up gazebos are definitely worth buying as long as you purchase one that is well made. Depending upon the size, you shouldn’t be spending less than £100 on a pop-up gazebo.
If you opt for a cheap gazebo, there’s a good chance it will not be well made or waterproof. It probably won’t include strengthening aids such as guy ropes, tent pegs or leg weights either.
Should you invest in a pop-up gazebo, then you have transportable rain and shaded cover wherever you decide to take it, either on holiday, camping or pitched on your grass or patio.
1. Best Small Pop-up Gazebo Review (Garden & Patio Use)
If you need a gazebo with a strong frame, a protective canopy with a high level of waterproofing and with side panels, then this All Seasons 2x2m gazebo is a great option.
The concertina style frame ensures that this product can be popped up in a matter of seconds which makes building and taking it down simple and quick.
- Premium, fully waterproof (not just showerproof) heavy-duty canopy and frame
- Comes with 4 fully waterproof side panels that interlock with each other using zips. The choice to use all, none or just a few side panels at a time
- Can be used on all surfaces such as Grass, Sand, decking, patios etc
- Comes with 1 year Manufactures Warranty for peace of mind along with a care guide
- Simple “pop up “design with NO POLES to slot in. Instant, portable shelter in minutes
The canopy section is easy to attach over the top of the frame with the velcro straps and can be left attached when you decide to pack it away.
There are 24 struts in the roof section and these provide incredible support to the roof section and extra stability without the use of wind bars.
The 3 height settings allow you to adjust the height to your preference and each leg has a footplate with a hole where you can screw the legs into decking or hard surfaces.
Pros and cons
- Easy to Transport Around
- Reputable Brand
- Taped Stitching to Prevent Leaks
- Sandbags Included for Stability
- Strong Enough without Windbars
- Build it in 60 secs
- Can sell out in Summer…
All Seasons Gazebo F.A.Q’s
What do Roof struts do?
The roof struts ensure that there is more support in the roof section and help prevent pooling in the top section by keeping the frame rigid which will help keep the canopy nice and tight.
What does 260gsm mean?
The canopy fabric is 260gsm which means that every square metre of fabric weighs 260 grams. This weight is further proof the canopy is heavy-duty, good quality and fully waterproof.
What are the Sandbag weights for?
These leg weights help to anchor the frame in breezy weather. Please remember though that they are not to be used instead of guy lines, they should be used as well as the ropes.
These sandbags will arrive empty and can be filled with rocks, soil or sand and are attached to the legs via the velcro straps that are stitched onto the bags.
Can this gazebo be used on Hard and soft ground?
This popup gazebo can be used on hard or soft ground. This includes grass, sand, soil, decking, concrete, tarmac, block paving and patio slabs.
For added strength, you can drill the feet into the hard ground but ensure you always use the guy ropes and anchor bags whenever possible.
2. Best 2.5×2.5m Pop-up Gazebo Review (Fully Waterproof)
All Seasons are an established brand with a reputation for manufacturing excellent quality and well-made pop-up gazebos that won’t let you down.
This brand provides pop up gazebos in a range of sizes and I could simply list all their products in this ‘best pop up gazebo guide’, however, I do prefer to give you a choice of different brands.
2.5×2.5m gazebos have become more and more popular because they fit well in UK gardens and obviously provide more room than the 2×2 alternatives without taking over your garden as a 3x3m would.
This popup gazebo is available to buy in 8 different colours and every one of the colours will include the same features and equipment.
You’ll receive a robust and durable pop-up canopy and frame, doors and windowed sides that all interlock with zips, 4 leg weight bags to attach to the frame legs, 4 pieces of guy ropes and 4 pegs to hold the guy ropes in place to prevent the gazebo from lifting up when windy.
Pros and cons
- Reputable Brand
- Choice of 8 Colours
- Simple to Pop up
- Includes Anchor Weights
- Walk-in Height of 1.9 metres
- Apex (Highest point) is 3m High
- Good in Bad Weather
- Do not leave outdoors overnight
- Simple to Build but easier with 2 people
All Seasons 2.5×2.5m F.A.Q’s
The 2.5m Size Is Perfect for UK Garden Use
The 2.5m size provides that little bit of extra room than the 2x2m popup gazebos and trust me, it is definitely noticeable.
The additional room allows for a couple of extra guests, a hot tub or extra garden furniture to go underneath.
The really long sidewalls are more suitable for use on a grassed area because they overhang by quite a bit and therefore, they can be pegged down, whereas on a hard surface they may flap around a bit.
Also, the tent pegs with the guy ropes are easier to use on a soft surface as they can be pressed down into the turf, whereas, on concrete, you’d be looking for something to tie them around.
Can I Use this Gazebo With or Without the Sides?
Yes, you can use this gazebo with the sides, remove them or not use them at all. However, I always recommend that pop up gazebos are bought with sides included.
The reason behind this is at some point you may need a set of sides for your canopy and it can often be quite difficult to get a set to fit your existing gazebo.
It doesn’t matter if you don’t use them regularly, at least you have them as back up, whether it’s to keep out bad weather or cold drafts if you’re using your temporary shelter later into the night.
These particular sides of this All seasons gazebo can be zipped together to keep drafts out and they also help keep bugs out too. You can use as many as you wish at any time and in any order as the gazebo is square.
This includes none at all, 1 side placed on any corner, 2, 3 or you can use all 4 at the same time which adds much more privacy and that’s ideal should you wish to cover a hot tub and have full privacy with the door down too.
Is this All Seasons Fully Waterproof?
The 260gsm might not mean a great deal to you, I can assure you that when it comes to a ‘waterproof pop up gazebo’, this level of waterproofing is one of the highest protections available.
If you’re wondering what 260gsm means then basically if you got a full side panel and cut a 1-metre square box (1-metre high x 1 metre across) and then weighted it, the material should weigh 260 grams (260 grams per sq metre).
On Amazon, you will tend to find a wide range of pop up gazebos with a gsm range of 120-280gsm, so as you can see it’s definitely at the top end of the premium range.
3. Yaheetech Pop-up Gazebo Tent Review (Best Summer Gazebo)
If you’re looking for a pop up gazebo for hot summers to provide shade and protect your skin against UV rays then check out this Yaheetech gazebo.
Measuring 3x3m, there’s plenty of shaded room underneath and although it doesn’t have sides, should you only require it for shelter and shade then sides aren’t necessary.
- Height adjustable: There are three holes for height adjustment on each tubular column of the pop-up canopy. The adjustable range is from 227cm/89.4inch to 245cm/96.5inch. You can freely change the height of the canopy according to your needs.
- Waterproof and ultraviolet-proof: This 10x10ft commercial canopy is constructed of 500D oxford cloth, PU coating, and a metal frame. These selected materials are durable, waterproof, UPF50+ ultraviolet-proof, and CPAI-84 fireproof. The canopy will give you a shady and cool shelter, in sunny or rainy days.
The carry bag included ensures that you can take it on holiday or camping with you to use as extra shade or storage. Unfortunately, there are only 2 colours (navy blue & beige) available to buy.
Both colours look great, therefore, the colour of your gazebo is not an issue. As long as it is capable of keeping you dry, protects against sunburn and is easy to build, then there are no worries.
Pros and cons
- Fully Waterproof PU Coated Roof
- 3 Different Height Settings
- Carry Bag has Wheels
- Protects Against UV Rays
- Leg Weights to Make it Sturdier
- Just Stretch it Out to Build
- Doesn’t have sides for privacy
- Only 2 colours
- 2 People to build (Not difficult though)
4. Best 3x3m Pop up Gazebo without Sides Review (Looks Great)
The ABC Canopy is from a company (ABCCANOPY) that is renowned for selling high-quality pop-up gazebos that are capable of standing up to breezy weather and heavy rain.
The concertina frame is easily stretched out to assemble and you can choose between 2 height settings to set the legs to via push-button technology.
It also includes a wheeled bag for storage but makes transporting to your event so much easier with the attached wheels.
Included is also a fully waterproof canopy which boasts a 300 denier polyester with PU coating (polyurethane) to provide waterproof protection.
There are also 4 material pockets (empty), 4 tent pegs and 4 guy ropes to help anchor the frame and canopy down and I recommend using all of these, all of the time.
Pros and cons
- 100% Waterproof Canopy Top
- 6 Great looking colours
- Everything you need is included
- Easily built by 2 people in 60 seconds
- Vent hole for air circulation and stability
- Anchor weights add lots of stability
- Do not leave outdoors overnight
Is the ABC Canopy easy to build?
Yes, the ABC Canopy is simple to build. Just take the frame out of the bag and with a friend, lift the gazebo off the floor by holding 2 frame legs each and walk backwards to stretch it out.
Attach the canopy to the frame using the velcro straps and then extend the legs with the push button system to one of the 2 height settings.
Even if you’ve never set up one of these types of canopies you have nothing to worry about. Pop up gazebos have moved on considerably since the 80’s when you used to have to connect poles together to assemble it.
Is it Fully Waterproof?
The outer side of the polyester canopy is applied with a PU (Polyurethane) coating which provides full waterproof effectiveness. This is standard practice amongst most popup gazebo and camping manufacturers.
The canopy material is classed as 300D which is generally known in the fabric industry as a lightweight and versatile material whilst also commanding recognition as ‘heavy-duty’ for its strength.
What is the ventilation section for?
Very few pop-up gazebos have a ventilation area in the roof section and normally this feature is reserved for the hardtop and soft top gazebos.
The ventilation section helps air to circulate better and prevent stale odours by having an exit point and surprisingly it adds more stability too.
Stability is increased as the vent prevents the wind from getting underneath the canopy and potentially lifting it off the ground.
5. Maximus Pop up Gazebo 3x3m Review with Sides (Best Heavy Duty)
The material of this fabric canopy has a denier of 600D. This ensures you have a high level of protection against wet weather there is on the ‘pop up gazebo’ market.
The canopy (and the sides) will also last much longer due to the thicker fabric. Thus, more resistant to tearing, stretching and shrinking of the fabric.
The canopy will protect you from heavy rain and harmful UV rays. UV overexposure can cause sunburn and long term skin problems.
The Maximus pop up design has 3 height settings that use pull-pin technology. Pull the pin and then slide the frame leg to adjust the height, it’s that simple…
You will receive the 3x3m pop-up frame, waterproof canopy, 4 full-length sides. The included ground pegs and guy lines will help anchor it down.
Pros and cons
- Powder-coated steel frame for rust prevention
- Carry bag to keep everything together
- Ideal for hard & soft surfaces
- Sides can be attached in any order
- No tools required to build
- Lots of possible uses
- Just 2 colours to choose from
- No leg weights provided
Maximus Pop up Gazebo F.A.Q’s
Is the Maximus gazebo Suitable for hard & soft surfaces?
Yes, this Maximus pop-up gazebo can be used on hard surfaces like concrete, patio and deck and is equally effective on softer surfaces like grass or sand on a beach.
For hard surfaces, you still need to try to use the guy rope to hold the gazebo down as the wind can get underneath and lift or blow the gazebo away.
Alternatively, you could buy a set of anchor weights.
Is the Carry Bag Strong?
There’s only one time that you truly appreciate having a decent carry bag for transportation and storage and that is when you don’t have one…
The bag is made from durable polyester that is strong and helps protect your gazebo from damage whilst being stored away and helps to keep all the parts together in one place.
Trying to transport all the different parts in a large box is a logistical nightmare. Therefore, storing all the parts tidily inside a heavy-duty waterproof bag is perfect for when you next need it.
Do I need tools to build this gazebo?
With the help of a friend, this canopy can be easily put together in just a couple of minutes and about the same to take it down. No tools are needed to build this gazebo!
The sides attach to the steel frame with strong Velcro, the height is adjusted by hand with a pull pin mechanism and the tent pegs are pushed into the ground by standing on them.
And all with not a tool in sight…
6. Gorilla Gazebo 3x3m Review (Best for Garden or Business Use)
As with all of the gazebos on this page, the strength of the powder-coated steel frame and the level of waterproofing of the canopy is extremely important.
When buying a commercial or business pop up gazebo you have a responsibility towards your customer’s safety, whilst ensuring your business is being shown in the best light possible.
As you can see in the image, especially with the 5 guys hanging from the roof frame that this Gorilla pop up gazebo is extremely strong.
- HEAVY-DUTY Robust High Tensile Steel Frame 34mm x 34mm - Total weight 34kgs.
- SUPER STRONG Cross Truss Roof Design - Eliminates need for supplementary roof poles.
- WATERPROOF Canopy and Four Side Panels (Two with Church style windows and Two Zipped Doorway).
- WHEELED STORAGE BAG and PUSH BUTTON MOULDINGS for easy adjustment.
- Frame painted with Hard Wearing Hammerite finish.
The roof section is really important because there’s no point in having strong frame legs and a waterproof canopy if the roof will collapse in light winds.
This pop-up gazebo has an extremely waterproof canopy of 650D which means the fabric has a tight weave and a PVC outer coating to provide a waterproof and UV rays protection layer.
The canopy and sides are also available in 7 different colours as you can see in the image above.
Pros and cons
- Ideal for many types of events
- 2 doors/walls & 2 sides with church style windows
- Push-button height settings
- Hammerite coating for rust protection
- No Wind bar needed
- Cross truss roof for extra strength
- Walk-in height of minimum 6ft 3in
- Only 1 size available to buy (3x3m)
- No anchor weights included
Gorilla Gazebo F.A.Q’s
Is the Gorilla Gazebo Strong and 100% Waterproof?
Yes, the canopy is fully waterproof and has a denier of 650D. This means the fabric consists of densely woven fibres, whilst the outer layer has a PVC coating applied to keep water out.
This canopy is then supported by a very strong cross truss steel frame which is pushed up from the centre and clicks firmly into place.
This cross truss provides lots of support to the canopy and the frame legs and prevents water pooling in the canopy roof should you encounter very heavy rain.
The steel frame is described as ‘high tensile’ which, so far I have not seen any other pop up gazebo frame described like this and high tensile is extremely strong.
Is the Storage Bag Big Enough?
Not to be understated just how important having a storage bag is but one that you can comfortably fit your canopy in with the roof still attached without having to squeeze or force it in.
Yes, there is plenty of space inside this bag for all the parts without there being too much room that seems excessive with parts moving around.
How High is the Walk-In Area?
There’s nothing more annoying than having to duck every time you go in and out of your gazebo. The minimum walk-in height is 6ft 3in and this is more than ample for most people.
Should you have friends that are taller then you can simply adjust the height to one of the other 2 settings which can provide walk-in heights of 6ft 7 and 6ft 11 inches.
7. Hercules Gazebo 3x3m Extra Strong Frame & Fire Retardant
Finally, you’ve arrived at probably the strongest popup gazebo we’ve seen and also one that has a fire retardant canopy, can also protect against a sun factor of 50+ and is fully waterproof.
The high-quality fabric is fire retardant and also very durable which means that it can last a long time without the concern of it being damaged or torn easily.
- HEAVY DUTY HEX 40 ALUMINIUM FRAME. Unlike most other gazebo frames for sale online, Ours are made to last. We only use the best quality materials for our Hercules and Titan branded gazebos.
- FLAME RETARDANT MATERIAL. Our Hex 40 Aluminium gazebo is manufactured using high quality flame retardant material unlike 99% of gazebos being sold online. Ideal for using over BBQ areas etc.
- TRUE 3m x 3m GAZEBO. Most steel gazebos sold in the UK are in fact just under the 3m length, most common size is approx 2.9m, So if you want a full size 3m x 3m gazebo, look no further
Like most other pop up gazebos, it does have the ‘cross truss’ roof support design which provides lots of support and maintains the integrity of the canopy fabric.
This really helps during breezy weather whilst also being able to prevent pooling in the roof section during very heavy rain.
Also, they have included their very own set of anchor weights with this product, the Hercules water weights which fit perfectly around the feet and frame of this gazebo.
So no worries about trying to find a set as these are custom made for this canopy.